Please note: if an earlier link doesn't work, it may have changed following an update! Check the Category Labels in the side-bar on the right! There you can find animator drafts for sixteen complete Disney features and eighty-six shorts,
as well as Action Analysis Classes and many other vintage animation documents!

Monday, July 20, 2009

One Small Step for Man...


On this day of the 40th anniversary of the landing of the first man on the moon, I would like to offer the patent to the Rocket to the Moon attraction as it was installed in Tomorrowland in Disneyland in 1955 and lasted until 1966. It bears Walt Disney's own name as the inventor, and was filed - just as the Circarama patent - on July 17th, 1956, one year to the day after opening day, the day we celebrated on Friday. For more info see on Yesterland.

I do not know if one of the attorneys was related to Ken Mattingly, the Flight Commander of Apollo 16. Coincidence?
123456
I, too, was glued to the tv that day (night!) in 1969 in Holland...

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous George Taylor says...

Wow...

So, can you come over next weekend and help me build one in my backyard?

Wednesday, July 22, 2009 at 11:56:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous roconnor says...

Getting an error on your page that "A script is causing Flash 10 run slowly". Unless I discontinue the script the page won't load.

Monday, August 3, 2009 at 9:52:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Hans Perk says...

Hi roconnor, I found, after I received your comment, that this happened for me when just opening Internet Explorer. I updated my Flash Player to version 10c (from 10b) at adobe.com, and that seems to do the trick. Mozilla does not give me this problem...
I'm just glad to see it is not my blog that is causing this!

George, I'd love to, but I'm kinda busy right now...

Monday, August 3, 2009 at 10:58:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Kevin Kidney says...

This is absolutely great, Hans!

Monday, August 3, 2009 at 6:13:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home