Please note: if an earlier link doesn't work, it may have changed following an update! Check the Category Labels in the side-bar on the right! There you can find animator drafts for sixteen complete Disney features and eighty-six shorts,
as well as Action Analysis Classes and many other vintage animation documents!

Saturday, September 02, 2006

Prod. CM28 - Mickey in Arabia

This is the film I had as a kid on silent 16mm, with a little hand-cranked projector that I used later to project the Leica-reel for Anna & Bella that I had filmed off of Børge Ring's storyboard, an action that changed that film considerably. I remember well the smell that was inevitable as the 60 Watt light bulb burned the dust off it...

Directed by Wilfred "Jaxon" Jackson and released 7/20/1932, it is available on the Treasures DVD Mickey Mouse in Black & White -
I believe it's on Vol.1., after a disclaimer.
We meet Kevin Donnelly, a pretty obscure name in animation history.
1234
5678

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous FantasiaMan says...

These animator breakdowns are always very interesting to read. I'm just wondering, where do you find these breakdowns? I'm doing a study on certain animators & don't know who did what in some of the various Disney films/cartoons. Is there a possibility of people such as myself obtaining these fact sheets?

Saturday, September 2, 2006 at 8:40:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Hans Perk says...

FantasiaMan, I was lucky enough to be able to buy these, and even though they were copies, they cost me an arm and a leg. My feature drafts are originals, and cost many arms and legs, as well... It's a matter of luck, I guess, to find them. I have been looking since 1978, where I got hold of a few copies of features, but the rest bought these last few years.

The Disney archives have all of them, of course. The shorts fill three neat boxes. But they will not allow wholesale copying.

Though I have most features, my shorts are FAR from complete. I guess I have drafts of about a fifth of them, and mainly Mickeys.

Saturday, September 2, 2006 at 9:58:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home