Please note: if an earlier link doesn't work, it may have changed following an update! Check the Category Labels in the side-bar on the right! There you can find animator drafts for sixteen complete Disney features and eighty-six shorts,
as well as Action Analysis Classes and many other vintage animation documents!

Saturday, December 09, 2006

Beatronome Update

Here is a little update to my metronome program (see below). What's new: I added a row of buttons with the standard beats as described by Albert Hay Malotte in his lecture notes. (Again in .zip format) PC ONLY!

[Added: It updates the program found here and the manual is here.]

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Keith Lango says...

I realize that it's a bit late (I only just now had a chance to start using it for my next short film), but THANKS a TON for making the Beatronome. It's an absolutely fantastic tool.
Excelsior!

-k

Monday, September 17, 2007 at 10:26:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Andy J. Latham says...

This seems like such a great tool, only I can't get it to work! I've tried it on Windows XP and Vista and it doesn't work on either :(

The program runs but there is no sound when I click 'play'. Any ideas?

Fantastic blog though - I only just found it. I'll definitely be leaving some comments (I know you have been struggling to get some!).

Monday, March 2, 2009 at 11:01:00 AM PST  
Anonymous Hans Perk says...

Hello and welcome, Andy!

My little program uses the internal PC Speaker beep. Is this turned up in your volume settings?
That's the only thing I can think of off the top of my head...

Thanks for your encouraging words. I love hearing from others who love animation as I do!

Monday, March 2, 2009 at 6:36:00 PM PST  
Anonymous Andy J. Latham says...

Thanks for the reply Hans, I have indeed checked the volume of the internal speaker and it is turned up.

I have noticed however that both of my computers seem to be incapable of making any noise from the internal speaker. I have tried following instructions from the internet of how to make the PC "beep", but I cannpt make it happen. The same applies to my computer at work. Maybe modern PCs just don't have the ability?

Is there any way to adapt the program to use a sound file or a default windows sound or something?

Thanks for the help Hans :)

Wednesday, March 4, 2009 at 1:19:00 PM PST  
Anonymous Hans Perk says...

Try the latest version and let me know, Andy!

Friday, March 6, 2009 at 5:27:00 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home