Please note: if an earlier link doesn't work, it may have changed following an update! Check the Category Labels in the side-bar on the right! There you can find animator drafts for sixteen complete Disney features and eighty-six shorts,
as well as Action Analysis Classes and many other vintage animation documents!

Monday, April 16, 2007

Disney Employees in WW2

We have often seen the pin-up girls from the loose sheet that was in the "Dispatch from Disney", the little publication that was sent from the studio to all military personel around April 12th, 1943, accompanied by a letter signed by Walt himself.

Here is the backside of the pin-up page: it features a list of all Disney employees in the forces (or in detention, see Chris Ishii)...
Dispatch...< Click on it!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Floyd Norman says...

Wow! I saw a lot of guys I knew. Most have since passed on, but its an impressive list.

By the time I met Hicks Lokey he had already been promoted to colonel. A great old guy, and a good animator.

Tuesday, April 17, 2007 at 5:35:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Wilma says...

Thanks for the list of Disney Employees in WW2. However it didn't help me in my search. Has anyone ever heard of a Disney artist called Robert Rider-Rider?

I have a couple of Disney characters in my autograph book which were done by him in 1942. My uncle was posted in the same location in Scotland (Oban?) so he had him do something for me. They look very authentic.

Wednesday, September 17, 2008 at 12:39:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home