Please note: if an earlier link doesn't work, it may have changed following an update! Check the Category Labels in the side-bar on the right! There you can find animator drafts for sixteen complete Disney features and eighty-six shorts,
as well as Action Analysis Classes and many other vintage animation documents!

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Prod.2001- Snow White & the Seven Dwarfs (VI)

2627282930
Seq. 4-A "Dwarfs at Mine"
- A lot of animators are credited on this sequence: Al Eugster, Eric Larson, Bill Roberts, Marvin Woodward, Les Clark, Art Babbitt, Fred Moore, Frank Thomas, Shamus Culhane, Bill Tytla and effects animator Andy Engman.
Seq. 4-B "Dwarfs March Home from the Mine"
- Starting scene 3 by Bill Tytla, then sc. 1,2 and 5 by Shamus Culhane.

Meanwhile, back in the cottage...
Seq. 4-C "Snow White Discovers Bedroom"
- With many scenes not attributed, we find scenes with our heroine by Ham Luske and Louie Schmitt.

(Aside: It sort of feels like everybody already must have all this info, for I do not notice any excitement about it. Oh, well - I just hope there will continue to come intelligent comments like the ones I received on the posting of the first pages! Heigh-Ho...)

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

Anonymous John V. says...

Just to let you know, I am *very* excited about this, but unfortunately I often don't have time to comment straight away but I prefer to wait until after I've had time to look over the draft and sometimes even compare it to the finished film.

One thing I can say right now is that scene 3 (the first listed) of sequence 4B doesn't seem to have made the cut. I guess when they included the scene they wanted to make sure the audience was able to recognise every individual dwarf, but maybe realised that they had already done that well enough in the previous sequence.

Sunday, October 25, 2009 at 4:45:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Michael J. Ruocco says...

Of course we're excited, Hans. This information is overwhelmingly intriguing to me, as well as plenty of other people. I would comment more, but I only feel I should comment when I have something worthwhile to say. Sorry about that.

By the way, I tried downloading your Beatronome, but I can't open it on my computer. I have a Mac, so is it possible that the Beatronome is a PC-only application, or am I doing something wrong?

Sunday, October 25, 2009 at 6:33:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Michael J. Ruocco says...

Also, the one Tytla scene listed on the draft (Page 28) isn't in the finished film. Listening to the film, I feel like there may be a slight jump in the track where the one scene may have been removed (where it cuts from Moore's Dopey to Culhane's shadow shot), but I'm not entirely sure if I'm right about that or if my mind's just playing tricks on me.

Sunday, October 25, 2009 at 6:48:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Hans Perk says...

Ok, thanks for the heads-up, guys!

It is very possible the missing Tytla scene was cut after the premiere! This is all very interesting!

Michael: yes, my Beatronome is PC only - sorry!

Monday, October 26, 2009 at 12:50:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous John V. says...

Michael - that's the Tytla scene I was talking about (scene 3, sequence 4B)

Monday, October 26, 2009 at 1:28:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Hans Perk says...

Hi John - though your message arrived earlier, since I 'moderated' both comments at the same time, it seems that they both arrived simultaneously. You both found the same scene "missing," and now, of course, it would be interesting to know if it still exists somewhere! (Who has a print of the original release?)

Monday, October 26, 2009 at 2:13:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous spokeshave says...

A big surprise to see Art Babbitt animating a scene of Doc, sc9. Plus the best scene in the whole film, sc19 animated by Fred Moore, a whole 31 ft. It would be nice too know what was the first scene Fred animated on the Dwarfs and then compare it to scene19.

Monday, October 26, 2009 at 9:59:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous David Nethery says...

Hooray ! Another draft posting.

I am very excited to see this . Thank you , Hans.

-David Nethery

Friday, October 30, 2009 at 7:30:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous John V. says...

The first scenes which Moore animated for the film were of Dopey at the soap in the washing sequence, but they were later redone by Fred Spencer, probably after Dopey was redesigned to look more baby-like. I think the earliest Moore animation which is still in the film is sequence 5A "Bedroom" where the dwarfs meet Snow White.

Sunday, November 1, 2009 at 3:02:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home