Please note: if an earlier link doesn't work, it may have changed following an update! Check the Category Labels in the side-bar on the right! There you can find animator drafts for sixteen complete Disney features and eighty-six shorts,
as well as Action Analysis Classes and many other vintage animation documents!

Friday, January 08, 2010

A bit more early Børge Ring

Here are a few images of my old mentor, the now 88 year young Børge Ring, whom I visited on New Year's Day, left photo.
The clip in yesterday's posting was recorded with the band that can be seen on the center photo, with a close-up of Børge on the right.
Børge Ring 010110Børge Ring with Leo MathisenBørge Ring in Close Up
How do you pronounce Børge? Take the English word "bird," but do not pronounce the "d" and very little of the "r". Follow this with "wuh," in a way where it all melts into one word. Don't use your lips!
What can I say... Hans Christian Andersen's parents were clever not giving their son any of the "special" Danish characters, Æ, Ø or Å...

I want to remind my readers that I have made corrections to the last couple of postings, especially in the story of A/S Nordisk Tegnefilm (based on new info from Børge and indirectly from the late Arne Rønde via his son-in-law) and in the posting on the Ring & Rønde film Party in the Forest (as Børge sent me a list on who animated what).

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Hans says...

Haha My American wife just asked how you pronounce Boerge, so your explanation was very helpful!

Tuesday, January 26, 2010 at 4:19:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home