Please note: if an earlier link doesn't work, it may have changed following an update! Check the Category Labels in the side-bar on the right! There you can find animator drafts for sixteen complete Disney features and eighty-six shorts,
as well as Action Analysis Classes and many other vintage animation documents!

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Here comes another one!

It's been too long, folks! We have been very busy, and at this time,
I must admit that I cannot guarantee a steady flow of postings immediately, but I will do my utmost!

A. Film moved once again, this time to a building from 1885 just next to the Copenhagen City Museum, with a very nice atmosphere and this last month we got everything up and running again!
(Last month left, 1919 right!)
0000
Because of the move AND because of my new/old ISP shutting down web services in the start of next year, I moved all files once again - and moved the blog back to this location. The main URL is still the same (afilmla.blogspot.com) but any redirects to separate pages needs to be updated again - to the old ones. Never mind, after a while you'll get the hang of it.

SO... what is next?
I indicated it a few weeks ago in a comment: Prod. 2004 - Fantasia.

Here is the list of sequences as described on the inside front of my draft from the BG Morgue:
00
Now - I admit to having taken the easy way out: I have had a draft copy for some 30 years, and it is this Xerox that I scanned, NOT the copy from the BG Morgue. The info is the same, and then I did not have to take the original apart, remove staples etc. Can you live with that? Then we will see what it has to offer from tomorrow...

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Joost says...

Hello Hans,
Very happy to read that you'll be posting the Fantasia drafts! On the sequence list the Pastorale sequence comes before the Nutcracker; do you know if this was the order initially planned for the film?

Thursday, November 25, 2010 at 4:09:00 PM PST  
Anonymous Steven Hartley says...

Another feature draft? Yipee! I thought you left the web for a while, but I see that work is much more important!!

I'm going to be REALLY looking forward to your next postings, and I've been wanting to see the drafts for a while.

I might make mosaics for these, I mean MIGHT because, Mark Mayerson probably would want to make one, and I need to finish "Alice in Wonderland", to get through Fantasia.

Anyway, hope all is well and let's make the draft the most of it! ;)

Friday, November 26, 2010 at 8:46:00 AM PST  
Anonymous Hans Perk says...

Hi Joost, I really do not know. Something about this may be in Culhane's book on Fantasia, but I have as yet not checked (and I really doubt it).

Friday, November 26, 2010 at 10:26:00 AM PST  
Anonymous John V. says...

I wonder what the draft for sequence 8.2 ("VOLCANOES") looks like. Four or five pages of scene descriptions trying to differentiate between various shots of flowing lava!

No Clair de Lune, I see. It must have already been taken out when this draft was assembled.

Friday, November 26, 2010 at 4:20:00 PM PST  
Anonymous Fabián Fucci says...

I loved the pics of the buildings, now and then.

Monday, December 6, 2010 at 5:51:00 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home