Please note: if an earlier link doesn't work, it may have changed following an update! Check the Category Labels in the side-bar on the right! There you can find animator drafts for sixteen complete Disney features and eighty-six shorts,
as well as Action Analysis Classes and many other vintage animation documents!

Friday, November 11, 2011

Prod. 2062 - Ichabod (XII)  - Seq. 9 - "The Ride" and "The Chase"

IchabodIchabodIchabodIchabodIchabodIchabod
IchabodIchabodIchabodIchabodIchabod
Directed by Gerry Geronimi assisted by Ted Sebern, layout by Tom Codrick. This FINAL draft dated 1/18/49.

Animation by Frank Thomas, Ward Kimball, Woolie Reitherman and John Sibley. Effects by Ed Aardal (clouds, ghosts, owls, shadows, crow) and George Rowley (pumpkin splatter).

Frank animates the scared Ichabod, carefully and slowly riding his horse while whistling dryly (something he often demonstrated on stage while talking about character development), while the others take care of the action scenes. Some of Sib's scenes need to be studied frame-by-frame to be believed!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Zartok-35 says...

To be honest, I expected more character casting in here.

I was right about Frank Thomas!

Friday, November 11, 2011 at 5:10:00 PM PST  
Anonymous Steven Hartley says...

I didn't expect much of Woolie, and I thought he only animated the Horseman. I never knew Ward Kimball worked around here - but I don't know why he didn't work on Katrina's father or the kids - unless he was the character designer.

Shot 73 is a favourite scene of mine by John Sibley, I love how loose it really is. It reminds me of how Irv Spence would've handled it.

Saturday, November 12, 2011 at 12:00:00 AM PST  
Anonymous John V. says...

I actually expected Woolie to have done more of this sequence... I thought he had doen scene 31.1. in particular. Didn't expect to see Ward Kimball... this is the only work he did on "Ichabod", isn't it? I expect there will be more of him in "Mr Toad".

Sunday, November 13, 2011 at 1:59:00 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home