Please note: if an earlier link doesn't work, it may have changed following an update! Check the Category Labels in the side-bar on the right! There you can find animator drafts for sixteen complete Disney features and eighty-six shorts,
as well as Action Analysis Classes and many other vintage animation documents!

Monday, December 24, 2007

Prod. 2069 (Alice) - Seq. 10.0 - Croquet Game (II)

The second half of this sequence adds Harvey Toombs as animator on Alice. I would like to see someone writing a book about the lesser-known animators at Disney: Toombs, Hal Ambro, Hal King, Don Lusk, Marvin Woodward, Cliff Nordberg, Eric Cleworth, Jerry Hathcock, Fred Hellmich, Jack Campbell, Julius Svendsen, just to name a few. Where did I hear that someone is researching a book on Hal King?
121122123124
125126127128

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous David Nethery says...

" I would like to see someone writing a book about the lesser-known animators at Disney: Toombs, Hal Ambro, Hal King, Don Lusk, Marvin Woodward, Cliff Nordberg, Eric Cleworth, Jerry Hathcock, Fred Hellmich, Jack Campbell, Julius Svendsen, just to name a few. Where did I hear that someone is researching a book on Hal King?"

Oh, I do hope so ! That would give us a much clearer picture of the artists who made the animation dept. at Disney's so strong . Part of why I love reading the drafts is because it gives one a new found appreciation for these great animators who were not necessarily "the stars" like the 9 Old Men. I appreciate the biographical information that appears from time to time such as Pete Docter's long-ish article on John Sibley in the last "Animation Blast" magazines, but a book about the likes of King, Sibley , Lusk, Cleworth, etc. would be very welcome.

Monday, December 24, 2007 at 8:18:00 AM PST  
Anonymous Floyd Norman says...

I'm one of the lucky guys who had the opportunity to work with a lot of guys on that list. They were great animators who never got their due.

I wrote a bit about Freddy Hellmich on Jim Hill Media some time ago, and Pete Docter did a great piece on John Sibley. Yet, I really don't feel qualified to write in depth about these talented animators because I just don't know them that well. I loved working with Sven, Cliff and Jerry, but I was just a kid at the time.

My pal, animator Mike Kazaleh knows more about the old Disney animators than I do even though he's younger. Perhaps I should team up with Mike and do a book. Hal King and Don Lusk were terrific as well.

Saturday, December 29, 2007 at 11:21:00 AM PST  
Anonymous Hans Perk says...

Floyd, I would buy it immediately!

(I have not forgotten you, by the way, but lots of things got in the way, like Christmas!)

Saturday, December 29, 2007 at 11:29:00 AM PST  
Anonymous Torgo25 says...

I think it's funny how you get to see both Alice AND the Queen of Hearts' bloomers over the course of the film. Ha ha!

Wednesday, May 3, 2017 at 12:31:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home