Please note: if an earlier link doesn't work, it may have changed following an update! Check the Category Labels in the side-bar on the right! There you can find animator drafts for sixteen complete Disney features and eighty-six shorts,
as well as Action Analysis Classes and many other vintage animation documents!

Monday, June 14, 2010

Studio Talks - Epilog

As you have seen in the past weeks, the folder called "Studio Talks - Series 1" that came to me via Disney animator Don Patterson (and intermediate sales people) has in-depth views of the layout processes of composition and staging, as well as the workings of sound recording of 1938 [or 1939].

In a comment, layout man and teacher at Sheridan College Scott Caple underlines the importance of this document, and this is why I have, for ease of use, made a PDF file which collects the images so they are more readily accessible. You can download it here (5.61 MB).

Also, because of Scott's enthusiasm, I have made high-res scans of copies I made of the plates in the documents (I took the actual document to California, but I am right now in Denmark), and I put them in a ZIP file here (23.23 MB).

It would be wonderful if these documents (as anything else I post) indeed are used to teach new generations of artists the lessons that were learned back in the 1930s when the Disney studio invested vast sums in the schooling of their crew. personally, I would be very happy to hear from you if you find my postings useful, and I want to again point you at the labels on the right and especially the ones that say "AAC" and "Barsheets," as these are some of my own favorites. Well, actually, all of them are!



Please remember, if you happen to have a project, and you have it financed but you are looking for a production studio - or if your film needs help and you need to outsource just a few minutes - have a look at our showreels! They are viewable through the links on the bottom right of my studio homepage!

In the past 22 years we have worked with Fox, MGM, Columbia, Warner, Bluth, Amblimation, H&B and Walt Disney Feature Animation (among others), and all have recommended us warmly! Also, we are finishing our own tenth feature film, our fifth in CG, the first Danish feature film in 3-D Stereoscopic! If you would like to see the list of ALL 42 features we have worked on, have a look here, I especially updated it for you!

If you couldn't be bothered to have a look, I ask you nicely anyway. You have, at no cost, browsed things from my collection, so at least do me that favor and have a look. Then, spread the word. Thank you!

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous The Jerk says...

thanks for all the wonderful documents like these that you continue to post, I find them invaluable as an animation student!

Monday, June 14, 2010 at 12:55:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous David says...

I am not an animation student, but I find pretty much all you post to be amazing.

Thanks very much for taking the time to share these treasures. I for one appreciate the time you have invested, as well as the money.

Continued success!

David

Monday, June 14, 2010 at 11:48:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Roberto says...

Your site is a gold mine! Thank you so much for your generosity. I'm deeply grateful for all the wonderful resources/documents you made available to everybody in your posts.

Monday, June 14, 2010 at 11:48:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Michael J. Ruocco says...

I'm grateful to you for posting these Studio Talks documents! They're all very interesting reads, especially to us animation students! Thanks a million, once again!

Tuesday, June 15, 2010 at 11:20:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Alfred von Cervera says...

God bless you for those wonderful documents, and also the blog. Thank you so much. I am a guy from Mexico where no one teaches really good animation. These things you post help me a lot. Thank you again. You give me hope that hard work will pay one day.

Saturday, May 5, 2012 at 4:01:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home