Please note: if an earlier link doesn't work, it may have changed following an update! Check the Category Labels in the side-bar on the right! There you can find animator drafts for sixteen complete Disney features and eighty-six shorts,
as well as Action Analysis Classes and many other vintage animation documents!

Friday, July 02, 2010

Prod. 2521 - The Small One (IV)  - Section 4 - Thru the city gates to the Tanner's

2223242526
27282930
Animation by Gary Goldman (36 scenes), Don Bluth (1), Emily Jiuliano (2), Bill Hajee (2), Chuck Harvey (1 shared), Ron Husband and Heidi Guedel (1 shared - a re-use?).

This section is mainly Gary Goldman's. Some of the scenes are sort of mechanical (like the tanner walking towards us), some others (mostly the action scenes) come off quite good. The Roman soldier is no highlight for Gary, or Don, for that matter.

And I HAVE to say it: Holland won 2-1 over Brasil!

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Steven Hartley says...

Gee, I hope you're celebrating your Holland victory!! While Germany won against England last week! At school we have a FIFA World Cup Chart of the results we have to fill in, and my country is Argentina and they are doing pretty darn well!

[BACK TO TOPIC], I vaguely know about 'The Small One' I knew that Don Bluth directed it and it was released as a 1978 re-release of 'Pinocchio', and to tell you: Don Bluth's work is 'ok' to me, and he has done some good work, but I think that his feature 'Thumbelina' is just not that great!! I mean, I like his other materials like: The Land Before Time, An American Tail, etc.

Friday, July 2, 2010 at 9:43:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Hans Perk says...

Have a good look at the film, Steven - as I indicated, it is viewable (still) on YouTube, in three parts, in a pretty good quality (though sadly damages by the PC Police).

Friday, July 2, 2010 at 9:54:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Steven Hartley says...

Looking at the film, is actually quite a good early Bluth achievement, I think the music for the film is brilliant and overlooked, and I really like the song at the beginning!

Suprising not to find Cliff Nordberg on the draft!

Friday, July 2, 2010 at 10:31:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Hans Perk says...

Yet! ;-)

Friday, July 2, 2010 at 10:38:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Zartok-35 says...

John Pomeroy did the balance yesterday, Gary Goldman gets his treatment today, does Nordberg get solid scenes tomorrow?

All in all, I have to insist not. I suspect his streak will be the auctioneer, later on.

Can't wait to see who handles the 3 singing business men! Probably my favorite thing about this production.

Friday, July 2, 2010 at 3:16:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home