Please note: if an earlier link doesn't work, it may have changed following an update! Check the Category Labels in the side-bar on the right! There you can find animator drafts for sixteen complete Disney features and eighty-six shorts,
as well as Action Analysis Classes and many other vintage animation documents!

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Prod. 2004 - Fantasia (XXV)  - Seq. 10.1 (Dance of the Hours: Ostrich Ballet--Morning)

100101
Directed by T. Hee, assisted by Larry Lansburgh. Layout by Ken O'Connor. This draft dated 9/9/40.

Character animation by Howard Swift, Jerry Hathcock, Hugh Fraser, Norm Tate and George Nicholas. Effects by Cornett Wood, Brad Case and Jack Gayek.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Steven Hartley says...

Jerry Hatchcock animates a lot of scenes; although I think he did the ostriches in the background.

This is a charming sequence, I like the Norm Tate scene, I wonder if we do see him do the aligators; because I read somewhere that he animated them.

I must admit: I have a phobia of ostriches; I think they're creepy-looking creatures; and I hate the look of them, the fur, the long necks, the eyes, Urgh! A lot of people think it's a very unusual phobia I have, but it's true - I'm terrifyed of them!

Tuesday, December 21, 2010 at 1:41:00 PM PST  
Anonymous Zartok-35 says...

Everyone here, with the possible exception of Howy Swift, is or was a Pluto animator at one point or another.

What is Geroge Nicholas doing here?

Hugh Fraser also animates the Ostrich in 'El Gaucho Goofy'.

Wednesday, December 22, 2010 at 6:47:00 PM PST  
Anonymous John V. says...

I'm not really sure what Hathcock did here... the first scene contains only one ostrich, and gives Swift and Hathcock identical footage counts.

Thursday, December 23, 2010 at 12:37:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home