Please note: if an earlier link doesn't work, it may have changed following an update! Check the Category Labels in the side-bar on the right! There you can find animator drafts for sixteen complete Disney features and eighty-six shorts,
as well as Action Analysis Classes and many other vintage animation documents!

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Prod. 2004 - Fantasia (XVIII)  - Seq. 4 (Interim Orchestra: Beethoven)

717273
Directed by Sam Armstrong, assisted by Lloyd Richardson. Layout by Lee Blair and Elmer Plummer. This draft dated 10/2/40.

Here is a case where the numbering of my Morgue draft differs from the copy I have had since around 1980. The sequence I posted yesterday in the first draft is called 02.0 and continues to what is supposed to be page 1 of seq. 4. Since my copy is missing page 71 (Seq. 4 page 1) I have scanned the other one to make up for the missing pages. Therefor the repeat of Josh Meador's last scenes with Mr. Soundtrack. The next page (72) shows Seq. 4 page 2 - in the other draft ot is Seq. 02.0 page 16...

I was quite surprised to see the difference. My Morgue draft is also ordered by Seq. number, not by the order in the film. It even has a sequence in typewriter onion-skin, instead of mimeograph or photo-copy. I will have to see if they have more differences when I get the time to do so...

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home