Please note: if an earlier link doesn't work, it may have changed following an update! Check the Category Labels in the side-bar on the right! There you can find animator drafts for sixteen complete Disney features and eighty-six shorts,
as well as Action Analysis Classes and many other vintage animation documents!

Sunday, October 01, 2023

Images back!

A complete change in hosting server infrastructure had put all my images in limbo. They're back! Now under my own control...
[But the server might be slow to reply, so if you get a time-out, please try again!]

There was a question whether I have drafts from the time of the Disney Renaissance. The answer is, I have a few sequences here and there, but no complete films. From at least Oliver and Co., the drafts were made on some kind of computer, which makes them look less attractive in my opinion. However, I would love to be able to give the newer animators their due credits.

6 Comments:

Blogger Kjaz says...

Thank for asking my question. Greetings from Argentina

Thursday, October 12, 2023 at 1:31:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Elijah says...

I've always wondered what happened to the drafts for Bambi. Did Disney lose that one?

Saturday, October 14, 2023 at 11:34:00 AM PDT  
Blogger KOSTAS says...

Would Love to see more Drafts!!! Your blog is the only source in the entire internet database
that provides a wealth of information about the animators and their assignments. The feautures after the Fox and the Hound are very important. Glen keane , Andreas Deja, Mark Henn and other animators, did an amazing job. We can't wait to see new drafts from the golden era of animation and from the rennaisance period!!!
I also wanted to ask about other studios, like Don Bluth's. Did they have the same assignment system as Disney with the animation drafts?

Saturday, October 21, 2023 at 7:07:00 AM PDT  
Blogger David says...

Thanks for adding the images again !

Friday, October 27, 2023 at 9:49:00 AM PDT  
Blogger David says...

Kicking myself now that I never thought to make copies while I worked at Disney Feature Animation (we had access to all the drafts , past productions up to current productions, in the studio library). I expect that officially we were not allowed to make photocopies , but in retrospect I should have made copies (at the time I was blissfully living under the delusion that I would work at Disney Animation until I retired as an old man , little suspecting that I and most of my colleagues would soon be out on the street . "But, but, but... we are "family" , you said so !" wailed the artists ... "We don't know you people" replied the management.)

Friday, October 27, 2023 at 9:57:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Douglas Gregory says...

Say, Mr. Perk, would it be possible to acquire drafts on both Bedknobs & Broomsticks and Pete's Dragon?

Tuesday, November 21, 2023 at 4:44:00 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home