Please note: if an earlier link doesn't work, it may have changed following an update! Check the Category Labels in the side-bar on the right! There you can find animator drafts for sixteen complete Disney features and eighty-six shorts,
as well as Action Analysis Classes and many other vintage animation documents!

Friday, May 26, 2006

Prod. 2227 - The Pointer

My "favorite grandfathers", Ollie Johnston and Frank Thomas animated on this one, as have Preston Blair, Lynn Karp, Lester Novros, John Lounsbery, Norm Ferguson, with Claude Smith, Art Palmer, Shamus Culhane and Josh Meador credited on the last few scenes. Released 07/21/1939.
Directed by Clyde "Gerry" Geronimi, this draft is dated 12/12/1938.
1234
5678

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Mark Mayerson says...

You keep hitting home runs, Hans. I'll link to your blog on mine during the weekend. This place has become a regular stop for me.

Friday, May 26, 2006 at 3:24:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Hans Perk says...

Nice to hear that you like these. Now - I wasn't in doubt, as you probably have been looking for this stuff as long as I have.

Because these things are so very scare, they have also personally cost me a bundle, even as xeroxes. So, when I present them here, I admit to hoping that everybody also stops by the things that are my studio's. Not that I make money on that, but I sort of think it's a nice way of spreading the word in the community about who we are and what we have been doing...

The Malotte notes are not scanned from xeroxes, though, but from the real deal - the stenciled pages handed out at the studio. I may put up a few more of those, if there is any interest...

Friday, May 26, 2006 at 3:42:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Thad says...

Hans... You don't have any drafts for any Disney FEATURES do you?

- Thad

Saturday, May 27, 2006 at 7:10:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Hans Perk says...

Thad, if you'd like to know who is credited for what on certain features, I might be able to tell you.

I do not, though, intend to do bulk scans or copies from my feature drafts yet, as 1) I want to be extremely careful with them, since they are originals, 2) I intend to do something more definite with them when I have time and 3) they didn't come cheap (I could eat comfortably for two years for what they cost me). Suffice to say, don't ask about Victory through Airpower, Song of the South or anything later than Fox and the Hound...

Saturday, May 27, 2006 at 9:09:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home