Please note: if an earlier link doesn't work, it may have changed following an update! Check the Category Labels in the side-bar on the right! There you can find animator drafts for sixteen complete Disney features and eighty-six shorts,
as well as Action Analysis Classes and many other vintage animation documents!

Monday, January 15, 2007

Conundrum...

In a stash of photos, I have these three pictures, which were taken at the same time, at the Disney studios. It seems there is a drawing of a drawing table and a dancing Goofy on one of the pictures, which makes me think of The Reluctant Dragon. In some way, I think it MIGHT be Norm Ferguson behind the gentleman serving coffee(?) in the middle picture, but I have no way of being sure.
Can anyone tell me who and what we are looking at?
123
(Neg. Nrs. on the back: 32-206, 32-204 & 32-203).
[Addition (2018): that means these are from March 1942.
The lady is Janet Martin, assistant director Larry Lansburgh's wife and herself in the administrative end at the studio.]

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Mark Mayerson says...

Hans, I can't identify anything here, but the middle picture suggests to me that these images might come from the South American tour that led to Saludos Amigos and The Three Caballeros. I wonder if these people were local South American cartoonists?

Are you certain that they were taken AT the Disney studio?

Tuesday, January 16, 2007 at 5:17:00 PM PST  
Anonymous Hans Perk says...

Mark, I'm pretty sure I have seen the gentleman with the bushy eyebrows before in Disney context, and I do think that they would not have put up storyboards during the trip itself, but it can certainly be related to that trip and the two features...

Tuesday, January 16, 2007 at 11:38:00 PM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous says...

In the first photo, the person standing in the middle looks a lot like Card Walker, but I don't know how this would tie in with the South American films. Walker was away from the studio between 1941 and 1945, but his role working with the Audience Research Institute (ARI) had him involved with all Disney film releases.

Thursday, January 18, 2007 at 12:05:00 PM PST  
Anonymous floyd Norman says...

Yeah, that's Card Walker in the first photo. Card was around when I worked at Disney back in the fifties, and the last time I saw Card was just before the big management change with Eisner and Wells taking over at Disney in the eighties.

He sure looks young in that photo.

Friday, January 19, 2007 at 5:32:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home