Please note: if an earlier link doesn't work, it may have changed following an update! Check the Category Labels in the side-bar on the right! There you can find animator drafts for sixteen complete Disney features and eighty-six shorts,
as well as Action Analysis Classes and many other vintage animation documents!

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Images from Annecy 2007 (I)

Yesterday I arrived to a wet Annecy, and here are some images that stuck with me, as did the mud splatters on my pants...
Wet Annecy Wet Annecy window view
The first image is from a long rainy (and thundery!) walk past the lake, nearly arriving at the Imperial Palace where the MIFA is held. The second image is the view from one of my small windows...

Then, here are some images from this morning in radiant sunshine:
From my window... Dry Annecy
Dry AnnecyDry Annecy
Another view from a window, up to the castle. Then a look toward the river from one of the passages. The last two images can be compared to my historical posting: first a view of the water coming from under the Église Norte Dame taken from the Quai Catédrale, and finally market stalls on the Pont Morens, the "London Bridge" that I described. This morning was "farmer's market," with cheese, sausages, fruit and vegetables from the surrounding areas.
As to the window views, it really takes some effort for me to see the same views as in these pictures!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Bill Robinson says...

Maaaaan, you don't know how jealous I am of you and everyone else enjoying Annecy. (Even in the rain!) I want to hear all about the films!

Tuesday, June 12, 2007 at 10:34:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Hans Perk says...

There are films???

Seriously, I did see a program with short films, in which the most visually stunning was Blur's "Gentleman's Duel" - though it seems to have been a lot of effort for little result, and "Sergej Prokovjev's Peter and the Wolf" was pretty good puppet film (with CG), though I did find it a bit too angst-ily modernized... The other fims in this program I could well have done without.

Since for me this is Annecy nr. 17, I have seen most of what there is to offer, and I tend to get excited only if there is a really meaningful, preferably positive story that hits me in the heart (and not like the cholesterol in the wonderful cheeses they have down here!)

Wednesday, June 13, 2007 at 12:44:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home