Please note: if an earlier link doesn't work, it may have changed following an update! Check the Category Labels in the side-bar on the right! There you can find animator drafts for sixteen complete Disney features and eighty-six shorts,
as well as Action Analysis Classes and many other vintage animation documents!

Monday, May 26, 2008

Two Years Passed...

Something just occurred to me: this blog had its second anniversary four days ago, and I forgot to celebrate... What was there to celebrate, you ask? Well, I was pretty happy to be able to explain the timing to a musical beat using different kinds of original Disney bar sheets, with click track examples - and I made a little pc metronome for just that. Then there are the Who is who's, by way of animation drafts for 62 short films, four whole features (Pinocchio, The Three Caballeros, Alice in Wonderland and One Hundred and One Dalmatians) and parts of several others; 14 Action Analysis Classes and Technical Manuals of the 30's; photos and articles. I suggest that new visitors browse the archives! In the mean time I go look for more skeletons to drag out of the closet...

Like this one. Yes, that is Les Clark with the little moustache, looking down. And I believe the older gent in the front is Earl Hurd, the legendary inventor of cels, who was at Disney's until he passed away in 1940. Which makes me think that this scene was probably shot in the Hyperion Annex. Note that there are 17 gentlemen and
no fewer than 13 (thirteen!) ladies attending this class!
Art class...< Click on it!
Of course, I am most proud of my own studio's endeavors, some of which can be seen on our homepage. I am a bit surprised nobody commented on our Three Little Pigs commercial for Volkswagen...

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Anonymous David Nethery says...

There is MUCH to celebrate here ! Thanks for a wonderful, informative , inspiring two years and may you have many more.

Monday, May 26, 2008 at 2:04:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Bob Cowan says...

Jenny & I LOVED the 3 Pigs spot! And we were just getting ready for dinner!
-bob

Monday, May 26, 2008 at 3:08:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous George Taylor says...

Congratulations!

Thanks for sharing so much with us.

Monday, May 26, 2008 at 3:42:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous David Nethery says...

By the way, loved the styling and the animation on the Three Little Pigs VW commercial . Where did that air ? In the U.S. ? (I don't watch television, so I would have missed it , but I liked the ad )

Monday, May 26, 2008 at 4:43:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Jenny Lerew says...

Congratulations! And many many thanks!

Monday, May 26, 2008 at 7:37:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Mark Mayerson says...

Hans, my own blog owes a lot to the material that you've made available, so thank you for posting the animation drafts. Your site is a major resource for animation information.

Tuesday, May 27, 2008 at 5:19:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous David says...

Hans, yours is one of only a handful of sites I visit on a regular basis. There is always something great to see here. Continued success! David

toonsatwar.blogspot.com
vintagedisneymemorabilia.blogspot.com

Tuesday, May 27, 2008 at 6:43:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Michael J. Ruocco says...

Hans, thanks for all the info, words & all the help you've given us these past two years! Like david, your site is one of very few sites I visit each day, & what you have said & shown has been very enlightening, entertaining & inspiring to us all (sounds like a Hallmark card, don't it?) Happy 2nd, Hans!

By the way, I just saw the Three Pigs spot on your site. Great work! I wish I saw it sooner!

Tuesday, May 27, 2008 at 6:46:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home