Please note: if an earlier link doesn't work, it may have changed following an update! Check the Category Labels in the side-bar on the right! There you can find animator drafts for sixteen complete Disney features and eighty-six shorts,
as well as Action Analysis Classes and many other vintage animation documents!

Monday, December 05, 2011

Prod. 2011 - The Fabulous Mr. Toad (III)  - Seq. 03.0 - Merrily Song

ToadToadToad
Directed by Jack Kinney, layout by Charles Philippi. Animation by Hugh Fraser, Murray McClellan, Harvey Toombs and Wetzel "Judge" Whitaker.
This FINAL draft dated 5/4/49.

Somehow, I expect that the sequence had a supervising animator, as well. Pity that the drafts do not give us that information either way.

I share the song's sentiment, as I myself am Merrily On My Way these next 9 days. This should not inhibit my ability to post, though! For those of us who care: Happy Walt Disney's 110th birthday! For my Dutch friends: Prettige Sinterklaas avond!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Zartok-35 says...

I'm surprised Murray McClellan was around to do this. He hadn't gotten a screen crdit since 1947.

Tuesday, December 6, 2011 at 10:45:00 AM PST  
Anonymous Steven Hartley says...

There was no animation director to supervise this - all just character animators.

Friday, December 16, 2011 at 2:44:00 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home