Please note: if an earlier link doesn't work, it may have changed following an update! Check the Category Labels in the side-bar on the right! There you can find animator drafts for sixteen complete Disney features and eighty-six shorts,
as well as Action Analysis Classes and many other vintage animation documents!

Thursday, February 19, 2015

Outline on Drapery

0102030405
0607080910
This undated set of pages was distributed at the Disney Studios some time in the mid-1930s as part of the training program. They describe the technique of drawing drapery (clothing) in simple terms, so once you have read this you'll never forget this. Well, I didn't, in any case.

It's been too long - I have been busy with our new film Albert which has its premiere this weekend! I'll show you some of it in my next posting. More VERY soon, including the drafts I promised!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Love Antique says...

Welcome back! I'm looking forward to the Jungle Book drafts!

Wednesday, February 25, 2015 at 2:38:00 AM PST  
Anonymous Joost says...

Good to see you back Hans! Looking forward to many interesting posts!
I really enjoy these lecture transcripts/instruction notes... they make you feel like a fly on the wall during which was arguably the Studio's most ambitious and interesting period!

Sunday, March 15, 2015 at 3:33:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Rodney Baker says...

I is SO good to have you back posting in your blog again. You've been missed!

And here you post this 'Outline on Drapery'. Nice. What can I say except 'Thanks!'

Saturday, March 28, 2015 at 7:34:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home