Please note: if an earlier link doesn't work, it may have changed following an update! Check the Category Labels in the side-bar on the right! There you can find animator drafts for sixteen complete Disney features and eighty-six shorts,
as well as Action Analysis Classes and many other vintage animation documents!

Monday, June 12, 2006

Prod. RS9 - Ferdinand the Bull

Luske, Kahl and Kimball are the stars in this classic Silly Symphony, released 11/25/1938.

Directed by Dick Rickard, Asst. Dir. Ford Beebe.
Layout Ken Anderson and Thor Putnam. Animated by Bernard Garbutt, Ham Luske, Milt Kahl, Bob Stokes, Jack Bradbury, Stan Quackenbush, Jack Campbell, Ward Kimball and Don Lusk.
With the non-animation scenes attributed to Music Room 8.

This third draft dated 5/19/1938.
12345
6789
This one cost me ten bucks per page. Page one has been around for some time on the web. Keep sending comments, I want to know what you think. Also about the A. Film Showreel 2006 intro, below!

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Thad says...

Hans,

Do you have drafts to "Donald's Dream Voice" (preferably) or "Donald's Dilemma"? Emery Hawkins (my favorite animator) is credited on those, and I think I can tell what he did, but I'd love to know for sure.

Thanks,

- Thad

Monday, June 12, 2006 at 4:55:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Hans Perk says...

None of the above, I'm afraid! I have very few Donald drafts...

Monday, June 12, 2006 at 5:01:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Thad says...

Nertz! Oh well - Great stuff here, I love what you're doing. Do you have any later Donald drafts? There's one style in particular I love and I'd love to pin a name to it (it might be Bob Carlson).

- Thad

Monday, June 12, 2006 at 7:28:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Hans Perk says...

Thad, I only have some earlier ones (Donald's Lucky Day comes to mind) but again, I do not have it near me, it is in storage on another continent, and I will not be able to visit it for months...

Tuesday, June 13, 2006 at 3:02:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Jastolfo says...

What a great blog you have here! Thank you for passing this stuff on. Much appreciated.

Tuesday, June 13, 2006 at 12:52:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Hans Perk says...

Thanks, jastolfo, your positive comment much appreciated, too!

Tuesday, June 13, 2006 at 2:56:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home