Please note: if an earlier link doesn't work, it may have changed following an update! Check the Category Labels in the side-bar on the right! There you can find animator drafts for sixteen complete Disney features and eighty-six shorts,
as well as Action Analysis Classes and many other vintage animation documents!

Sunday, May 28, 2006

Prod. 2041 - Casey at the Bat

Jack Kinney once wrote in a letter to my old mentor Børge Ring that John Sibley was his favorite animator, and much underrated. I look forward to reading Pete Docter's article on Sibley in the upcoming Animation Blast #9 (which I pre-ordered in February). I though the following bit would be nice to "get out in the open".

Part of Prod. 2025 Make Mine Music, this is a Sibley-rama, with Cliff Nordberg, Hugh Fraser, Ollie Johnston, Les Clark, with single scenes by Ward Kimball, Bill Justice and Murray McClellan, effects by George Rowley.

Directed by Gerry Geronimi, Asst. Dir. Rusty Jones
Layout by Hugh Hennesy. Final draft of 7/19/1944 by Dolores Koch.
123456
7891011
I am glad to know that Animation Blast #9 is being printed as I write this. Last time I pre-ordered a magazine it folded after I had just paid for 12 issues. I really liked Funnyworld...

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Gabriele Pennacchioli says...

Hi Hans,
Very interesting posts you have here.
I would love if could share with us also some artwork.

Sunday, May 28, 2006 at 3:52:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Hans Perk says...

Hi, Gabriele - well, YOU are the artist! I love the stuff on your blog! It was also great seeing you again in person. Anyway, I'll see what I can dig up...

Sunday, May 28, 2006 at 4:03:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home